Wednesday, March 13, 2013

You might want to sit down.


I’m feeling a bit anxious today.   I wish we could just jump to Labor Day and have this part be over!
Tomorrow I have a “couple of tests”.  I get an injection, then go to some other lab and drink some barium stuff.  There they will do a CT scan of abdomen/pelvis and chest.  Then I go back to the nuclear lab and have a full body bone scan.  The whole thing should be over in four hours or so.  Unpleasant, but not painful, I hope.

That first day I went to see Doc F they gave me a binder.  A really big binder to keep the information I might be collecting in the next few months.  It was mostly empty except for a few items of information.     One of the tabs was for lab reports.  I like that they are so willing to give me the lab reports.

I finally got around to reading the report from the MRI. 

When I met with the doc this last Monday he told me that they found another tumor.  The lab report says that and also says “VERY HIGH SUSPICION FOR MALIGNANCY.  APPROPRIATE ACTION SHOULD BE TAKEN.”

The doc told me that if there were two malignant tumors in one breast we would remove the whole breast.  He did a biopsy on Monday.

The tests tomorrow are to determine if the cancer has spread anywhere else.  I’m beginning to feel like I’m on a runaway train.

I should have the results from all of this week’s tests by Friday. 

I am so glad that there is a God, bigger than me, who has a plan for all this and He loves me.

I know this is short, and not very well put together.  Can’t guarantee tomorrow will be much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment