Saturday, March 9, 2013

So. What’s an Endocrinologist?!!


March 8, 2013

And then… 

As I was pulling out of the garage at the hospital my GP, Dr. T, called on my cell phone.  I love modern technology.  It brings us cell phones and this blog!  But that’s another story.

Several weeks ago I had gone to see Dr. T for my annual “inspection”.  My check-ups aren’t every year like clockwork, but I have been pretty consistent since I began taking medication on a regular basis.  If I lost a few dozen pounds (yes, this is a theme) I wouldn’t have to take those meds.  So that is becoming a goal of mine.  It’s one thing when Doctor Oz says it, but when Dr. T says it I think it might be worth a shot!

Anyway, at that check-up I’d had a blood test.  I was found to have low vitamin D and high Calcium.  I started taking a vitamin D supplement, and six weeks later I had another blood test.  She called with the results as I left from the MRI.

She changed my meds.  And if this didn’t straighten it out, she would refer me to an endocrinologist.  I go back in two weeks to have my blood checked. 

So.  What’s an endocrinologist?!!

 And then….

The next thing I knew the dermatologist, to whom I had been referred after that check-up in January, called to tell me that the little biopsy he took from my nose was, indeed, basal cell carcinoma.  Skin Cancer.  This one we will take care of in May when the other cancer thing is fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment