Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring is almost here!

It has nothing to do with the ground hog or what date in March it is, but rather it is Easter, it is light outside after 5 pm and I hear the songbirds in the morning. 

It is still in the 30s at night, but warms up during the day.  I think that is what makes the maple syrup start running.  Cold nights and warm days.

March is pretty volatile weather-wise.  It is cold and windy much of the month.  We have had several days with snow in March this year.  My friend, Melanie, is a kite…nut? Aficionado?  Junkie?  She has several kites and she has kites that are bigger than I am!  She goes as far away as Washington, DC and the shore to fly them.  I love to watch when she flys them around here.  Maybe I will get up early enough to go with her sometime.

Easter Sunrise Service.  Sometimes it is very cold.  Usually it is very cold.  When I lived in California we would go to Sunrise Service at Lover’s Point in Pacific Grove.  It was very pretty, but between the breakers crashing on the rocks and the seals barking the whole time, it wasn’t easy to hear.   Somewhere we went to a golf course for Easter morning.  I think Charlotte went to some sand dunes in New Mexico for this special gathering once.  At GVPC we gather at the top of the hill in the cemetery for a short service and later inside during the regular worship time the whole congregation would join in the Alleluia Chorus.  Awesome!  Once Easter gets here It’s Spring! 

I heard the songbirds this morning.  The one that sounds like she’s saying “Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger” was singing at the top of her lungs.  I need to figure out what kind of bird that is.  It’s time to fill the bird feeders ‘cause the others will be here very soon.  And the squirrel feeders.  And the hummingbird feeder.

It’s time to get the yard cleaned up.  I love my deck.  It is close enough to the woods that we stay in the shade during the hottest time of the summer.  The bad thing about that is there isn’t enough sunshine to grow vegetables or flowers, or grass for that matter.  Herbs do pretty well, and some non-flowering plants grow okay.  I love to sit out there and watch the birds and squirrels.  When I get the leaves raked out of the corners of the fence and the green stuff scrubbed off of the deck box and floor it will be time to fire up the grill.

Frisbee, badminton and that new game Steph introduced us to called Vikings will keep us busy in the evenings.  I love the Spring when it is finally warm enough to stay outside most of the time and plan some camping trips.

Ephesians 3:20-21
Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine according to his power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations for ever and ever.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment