Tuesday, March 19, 2013

We’ve all got something


A couple of weeks ago I was diagnosed with cancer, but many of my friends and family have things going on that are at least, and in my mind more,  difficult to cope with.  When I think of the things that you all have going on, I am thankful that cancer is all I have to deal with right now.  I learn from your example of grace and patience and strength.
You have health issues, some that have been going on for years.  One friend has a morphine pump attached to her because of intense pain all the time.  Another friend has had a headache for more than a month.  Another has back problems.  I know a lady with MS and my sis has fibromyalgia.  Fortunately I don’t have ongoing pain.

Some of you have issues with your children.  They have allergies, asthma, or behavioral problems. Your kids are sick and in some cases you have lost a child.  You’ve sat in the hospital while they have operations, or worse, and you support them through learning disabilities or great disappointments and struggles.

You have lost your jobs or cars and don’t know what is going to happen to you.  You have had fires in your homes, or burglaries and have been in car accidents.  You have lost your spouses and your pets.

We’ve all got something we have to get through.  And my cancer is not the worst of it.  I am praying for you.  I could never handle what some of you go through every day.  I am blessed by your caring and your prayers.  Your smiles and your fist bumps remind me of the fact that I am not alone in facing difficulties. 

Psalms 46:1
God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment